FANBOY FORUM

FANBOY/FANGIRL: A passionate fan of various elements of geek culture (e.g. sci-fi, comics, Star Wars, cartoons, anime, video games, anime, hobbits, Magic: the Gathering, etc.) who lets his/her passion override social graces....


For example...If you have a tattoo of a Transformer, superhero, , Star Trek, Star Wars, ect...yeah, you might be a FANBOY!


Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Does Hugh Jackman need cash??

Take Popular 1970's childhood toy Rockem-Sockem Robots,







and cross it with ROCKY 

 




and add  Hugh Jackman (X-Men/Wolverine) 

and  you  have REAL STEEL?

....seriously? Did Hugh Jackman lose a bet?  I mean first BATTLESHIP Starring Liam Neeson (how the bloody  hell do you  go  from being Qui-Gon Jin to that?) I mean this seems like a role for Matt Le Blanc or something. I mean I  know it isnt out yet, and I haven't  seen it, but this just  looks kinda stupid. Ya know I  didnt see STEEL when it first  came out either (starring Shaq) but i  kinda didn't have to see it to  know that it was probably  going to  "Stink on ice." Athough I did actually see KAZAAM*
 







.......don't judge me.  



So  what movies do we have to look forward to now? wait, lemme guess, Chutes and Ladders starring Keannu Reeves? or maybe Hungry Hungry Hippos, starring Ernest Borgnine?  I  got it, OPERATION starring Johny Depp.

        Okay, well apparently Hugh Jackman's character is a struggling promoter who thinks he's found a champion in a discarded robot. A future-set story where robot boxing is a popular sport. During his hopeful rise to the top, he also discovers he has an 11-year-old son who wants to know his father.

riiiiiiight...

this sounds more and more like a movie Nic Cage would be in.
Like nipples on a Bat-suit**....this sees like  bad idea

* and I  didn't say  I liked KAZAAM, I just said I  saw it...
** thank you Joel Shoemocker.

REAL STEEL in theaters October 7th

No comments:

Post a Comment